Ruffwear Dog Boots – Summit Trex
Ruffwear’s Summit Trex dog boots provide everyday traction and paw protection from a wide range of temperatures, hot pavements, abrasive surfaces, grass seeds, prickles and thorns while also improving mobility in older dogs.
The Ruffwear-designed outsole provides flexible traction, while the durable, weather-resistant ripstop upper blocks moisture and debris. A hook-and-loop closure system creates a secure and comfortable fit.
- Moisture and debris stay out via weather-resistant ripstop upper
- Ruffwear-designed, non-marking outsole offers flexible traction and is built for high-mileage
- Protects dogs’ paws from exposure to new environments: extreme temperatures and abrasive surfaces
- Reliable, intuitive hook and loop cinch strap
GETTING THE RIGHT FIT
To ensure a proper fit (and to ensure the boots stay on) it is important to measure both your dog’s front paws and back paws. Often back paws are smaller than front paws. Boots are sold in pairs so you can purchase different sizes if required. Not all dogs have front paws which are larger but it’s really important to check this before ordering 4 boots of the same size.
Ruffwear dog boots do tend to run large so be sure to do a proper measurement. When you receive your new boots please try them on your dog, inside, in a clean dry environment before going outside. We are more than happy to do exchanges provided the boots haven’t been worn outside. But it’s definitely more convenient for you to get the right size the first time. And be ready for the Dog Boot Dance!
MEASURING PAW WIDTH
- Have your dog stand on a firm flat surface.
- Place a piece of blank paper under a front paw.
- Mark the paper at the paw’s widest point on the left and right edges of the paw (see video below for visual guide).
- Be sure to measure both a front paw and a back paw as they may be different sizes.
- Use a ruler to measure the distance from the left mark to the right mark on the paper.
- Use the Size Chart to determine the proper sizing for both the front & back paws
- Please use this handy Measurement Chart and Guide to help when measuring.
|Paw Width (mm)
In Between Sizes? Choose the smaller size as they tend to run large.
WHAT ABOUT BOOT LINERS?
Ruffwear Bark’n Boot Liners are socks for dogs that will enhance the fit, upgrade the performance, and improve the comfort of Ruffwear dog boots. Makes putting on Ruffwear boots a cinch! Ideal if your dog has a dew claw. Once you’ve got the liners you’ll find putting the paws into the boots much easier. They also wick away moisture from the paw as your dog does sweat from the paw. The liners will reduce friction on the paws too.
- Secure fasteners
- Wash in cold water
- Gentle cycle
- Mild detergent
- Air dry
Getting started with Ruffwear Boots? Check out these helpful tips from Ruffwear.