Ruffwear Dog Boots – Grip Trex
The Ruffwear Grip Trex dog boots set the standard in paw wear for dogs who hike, bike, run or explore the great outdoors with their humans. Dog boots provide everyday traction and paw protection from a wide range of temperatures, hot pavements, abrasive surfaces, grass seeds, prickles and thorns while also improving mobility in older dogs
These high-performance boots feature a rugged and resilient Ruffwear-designed Vibram outsole that provides exceptional traction on varied terrain.
The boots are easy to put on, easy to secure, provide continued comfort, and most importantly, the boots stay on. Breathable mesh upper provides ventilation and keeps dirt and debris out. The closure system combines hook-and-loop with hardware, cinching around the narrowest part of the dog’s leg to provide a secure fit.
- Protects dogs’ paws from the environment
- Vibram® Non-marking outsole with rugged lug design provides traction on varied terrain
- Tightly woven air mesh keeps dirt and debris out while providing superior ventilation
- Reliable, intuitive hook-and-loop cinch closure system
- Gusset design provides wide opening for easy on and off
Getting The Right Fit:
To ensure a proper fit (and to ensure the boots stay on) it is important to measure both your dog’s front paws and back paws. Often back paws are smaller than front paws. Boots are sold in pairs so you can purchase different sizes if required. Not all dogs have front paws which are larger but it’s really important to check this before ordering 4 boots of the same size.
Ruffwear dog boots do tend to run large so be sure to do a proper measurement. When you receive your new boots please try them on your dog, inside, in a clean dry environment before going outside. We are more than happy to do exchanges provided the boots haven’t been worn outside. But it’s definitely more convenient for you to get the right size the first time.
Measuring Paw Width:
- Have your dog stand on a firm flat surface.
- Place a piece of blank paper under a front paw.
- Mark the paper at the paw’s widest point on the left and right edges of the paw (see video below for visual guide).
- Be sure to measure both a front paw and a back paw as they may be different sizes.
- Use a ruler to measure the distance from the left mark to the right mark on the paper.
- Use the Size Chart to determine the proper sizing for both the front & back paws
- Please use this handy Measurement Chart and Guide to help when measuring.
|Paw Width (mm)
In Between Sizes? Choose the smaller size as they tend to run large.
What About Boot Liners?
Ruffwear Bark’n Boot Liners are socks for dogs that will enhance the fit, upgrade the performance, and improve the comfort of Ruffwear dog boots. Makes putting on Ruffwear boots a cinch! Ideal if your dog has a dew claw. Once you’ve got the liners you’ll find putting the paws into the boots much easier. They also wick away moisture from the paw as your dog does sweat from the paw. The liners will reduce friction on the paws too.
- Secure fasteners
- Wash in cold water
- Gentle cycle
- Mild detergent
- Air dry
Getting started with Ruffwear Boots? Check out these helpful tips from Ruffwear.