Ruffwear Hi & Light Trail Dog Shoes
The Hi & Light™ Trail dog shoes elevate the paw wear experience for dogs (and their humans) seeking a minimal and flexible solution to paw protection.
Those paws get both protection and exceptional ground-feel with the soft, flexible rubber outsole, helping dogs keep their stride and focus on the adventure at hand.
The engineered knit upper adds comfort and breathability and limits trail debris from getting in the shoe.
The hook-and-loop closure opens wide for easy on and cinches around the narrowest part of the dog’s leg to provide a secure fit.
It’s a good idea to check the closure system and adjust fit as needed 15 minutes into your activity and throughout the adventure.
- Comfortable and nimble paw protection with a lightweight, minimal design
- Engineered knit upper is breathable while keeping dirt and debris out
- Rubber outsole provides exceptional ground feel and protection on varied terrain
- Opens wide for easy on
- Hook-and-loop cinch closure for a secure fit
- Reflective trim for visibility in low-light conditions
Getting The Right Fit:
To ensure a proper fit (and to ensure the boots stay on) it is important to measure both your dog’s front paws and back paws. Often back paws are smaller than front paws. Boots are sold in pairs so you can purchase different sizes if required. Not all dogs have front paws which are larger but it’s really important to check this before ordering 4 boots of the same size.
Ruffwear dog boots do tend to run large so be sure to do a proper measurement. When you receive your new boots please try them on your dog, inside, in a clean dry environment before going outside. We are more than happy to do exchanges provided the boots haven’t been worn outside. But it’s definitely more convenient for you to get the right size the first time.
Measuring Paw Width:
- Have your dog stand on a firm flat surface.
- Place a piece of blank paper under a front paw.
- Mark the paper at the paw’s widest point on the left and right edges of the paw (see video below for visual guide).
- Be sure to measure both a front paw and a back paw as they may be different sizes.
- Use a ruler to measure the distance from the left mark to the right mark on the paper.
- Use the Size Chart to determine the proper sizing for both the front & back paws
- Please use this handy Measurement Chart and Guide to help when measuring.
|Paw Width (mm)
In Between Sizes? Choose the smaller size as they tend to run large.
What About Boot Liners?
Ruffwear Bark’n Boot Liners are socks for dogs that will enhance the fit, upgrade the performance, and improve the comfort of Ruffwear dog boots. Makes putting on Ruffwear boots a cinch! Ideal if your dog has a dew claw. Once you’ve got the liners you’ll find putting the paws into the boots much easier. They also wick away moisture from the paw as your dog does sweat from the paw. The liners will reduce friction on the paws too.
- Secure fasteners
- Wash in cold water
- Gentle cycle
- Mild detergent
- Air dry
- Upper: 100% polyester knit fabric, partially laminated with thermoplastic polyurethane on inside of toe cap
- Outsole: Synthetic rubber outsole
- Cuff: Synthetic “pigskin” (polyester fabric with polyurethane coating)
- Closure: Reflective polyester webbing and YKK hydrophobic hook-and-loop
Getting started with Ruffwear Boots? Check out these helpful tips from Ruffwear.